Selling homemade dog cookies is a yummy way to help the animals. After baking, package the cookies in bags with colorful ribbon and sell them to your neighbors or at a local dog park.
|How much time you need (estimated)||1-2 hours|
|Where it happens||
At home / in your neighborhood
|Who needs to help you||Help from mom, dad or another grown up is needed|
|When it happens||
All year round
|What you need||
1. A dog cookie recipe (see below)
2. Packaging materials (plastic bags, ribbon)
|How it helps||
By making and selling dog biscuits you can help raise money for the MSPCA which takes care of and finds homes for thousands of homeless and unwanted animals each year. You will also help spread awareness of the importance of helping to protect and aid animals, especially those without a proper home. And of course, you'll be providing dogs with a tasty treat!
1. Find a healthy dog cookie recipe on the internet or at the library, or use the following recipe:
Mix all ingredients into a bowl. Roll the dough flat until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out shapes using your favorite cookie cutters. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. After lettiing the cookies cool, package them up using plastic bags and colorful ribbon.
3. Sell them around your neighborhood to neighbors with dogs or visit a local dog park and ask people to support the MSPCA by buying the biscuits you have made.
4. Count up your earnings and give it to your mom or dad or other grown up who can take the cash and make the donation to MSPCA.
|Nonprofits you can work with||
Decide when and where to hold your bake sale and follow the instructions provided. If you have questions, please contact Anna Rafferty-Fore at email@example.com.